THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL SEE UP AND COMING ARTISTS

Google

Mark Jarman

If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted? (Email, Webpage)

I can be contacted at marknrose@mstar2.net or www.jarmanart.com

What type of tools or media do you use?

I use photoshop and a wacom tablet

Where is the place you would like to work or be an Intern if you had a choice?

I really don't have a preference, I've worked in so many markets, kids books, video games magazines, and still enjoy these assignments. But I've never had a chance to do movies, and would really love to give it a try.

Who do you think are the top character designers out there?

Wow, there are so many very talented artists, some are virtually unknown. But the big guys I like best are Iain McCaig, Armand Serrano, Simon Rogers, Terryl Whitlatch, Ovi Nedelcu. Some illustrators I really like are Doug Frazer, and Sergio Martinez, and James Christensen and the guy who did Dinotopia, can't remember his name just now (oh yeah, James Gurney). To name a few.

What are some of your favorite character designs which you have seen?

I just bought Ovi's book and I just love his stuff. . . again there are so many tough to make a list.


What is your most favorite subject to draw? And why?

People and animals. Because I do them best. Want to get a lot better at perspective and environments.

What inspired you to become an Artist?

My friend John Wallace, back in 3rd grade. He was an awesome artist. But I don't think he is doing it anymore, I've lost touch with him. . . .

What are some of your favorite website links that would be relevant to this Blog?

Oh I don't know, you've already got a comprehensive list, not sure what I could really add to it, sorry.






CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO THE CHARACTER DESIGN HOMEPAGE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home