THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL SEE UP AND COMING ARTISTS

Google

Rafael Rivera

If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted? (Email, Webpage)

E-mail : rrivera112@gmail.com or visit my site www.woundedlamb.com

What type of tools or media do you use?

I like to start off with pencil and pen sketches, scanned in ,
cleaned up and colored in Photoshop and Corel Painter

Where is the place you would like to work or be an Intern if you had a choice?

ILM , I am a big fan of many of the concept artist there and the
projects they work on as well.

Who do you think are the top character designers out there?

here are so many. I like the old Tex Avery and Chuck Jones designs.
The newer stuff coming out of Pixar , Blue Sky, and Dreamworks is
always great. My favorite creature designer of all time has to be
Carlos Huante.

What are some of your favorite character designs which you have seen?

Again the old cartoons like Tom and Jerry, Popeye, The Hulk etc,
simply because they started it all and they stand the test of time.

What is your most favorite subject to draw? And why?

My favorite subjects are Pin-up girls. It is fun to design a sexy pin
up , plus early in your art career, women are the toughest to master,
so once you feel you got it down, you show off a bit.

What inspired you to become an Artist?

Growing up in Brooklyn, the Graffitti around me was a big influence.
As a kid I had alot of comic books, watched tons of Godzilla and
Harryhausen films. My uncle owned a printing shop in Long Island, and
he would give me rolls of tracing paper and boxes of copy machine
paper, so it only felt right to fill them all up with doodles.

What are some of your favorite website links that would be relevant to this Blog?


www.animationarchive.org
http://paullasaine.blogspot.com/
http://www.carloshuanteart.com/
and of course www.woundedlamb.com







CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO THE CHARACTER DESIGN HOMEPAGE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home