THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL SEE UP AND COMING ARTISTS

Google

Arash Tirgari

If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted?

Email: inkboyt@hotmail.com Webpage: http://tirgari.blogspot.com/

What type of tools or media do you use?

I use whatever tools necessary to get the job done. However, a favorite
methode of choice has been scanning pencil and pen drawings into the
computer to be painted in Painter. At work during break, I also do the
occassional marker pieces. I also enjoy oil painting when time permits.
However, the ultimate tool is the sharpened pencil, because it all starts
with a basic drawing: composition and value studies.

Where is the place you would like to work or be an Intern if you had a
choice?

I really enjoy my current occupation as an FX artist on movies. I have
been lucky to work on a high profile film or two, including the recent "The
Chronicles of Narnia", however I am also in the lookout for interesting
projects or freelance job to do some traditional work: illustration and
concept design.

Who do you think are the top character designers out there?

There is so much fantastic talent out there some of whome I happen to
personally know: John Nevarez, Steven Silver, Jose Lopez, etc. I also
really like the works of Carlos Huante and Justin Sweet to name a few, and
of course a great favorite of mine Moebius.

What are some of your favorite character designs which you have seen?

One of the most obvious would of course be "The Incredibles", both in
terms of design and expressiveness of the characters. I also like some of
the works of Japanese artists, including Koji Morimoto and the likes of
"Ghost in the Shell".

What is your most favorite subject to draw? And why?

I actually really enjoy drawing the human figure and had the opportunity
to teach my own classes in subject of figure drawing and anatomy. To me the
human figure has been the ultimate challenge as a subject for many artists
through the ages. Figure drawing can be challenging and rewarding at the
same time. However, even a little knowledge and skill in drawing the figure
can help your drawing ability a good deal, especially as a character
designer.

What inspired you to become an Artist?

Ever since I could hold a pencil I have drawn. Originally, I was studying
to attend medical school, but my heart was somewhere else-- mainly in the
arts. So, I chose to pursue a career in the film industry as a traditional
artist first and now as a digital one.

What are some of your favorite website links that would be relevant to this
Blog?

www.animationnation.com (great resource for artists)
www.conceptart.org







CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO THE CHARACTER DESIGN HOMEPAGE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home