THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL SEE UP AND COMING ARTISTS

Google

Kory Bingaman

If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted?

rathersweedish@yahoo.com
www.korybing.com
booker.deviantart.com

What type of tools or media do you use?

Most often I use pencils, India ink pens and Photoshop, but I'm always experimenting with new materials like oil paint, watercolor, Photoshop collage, and Illustrator.

Where is the place you would like to work or be an Intern if you had a choice?

Well I'd be happy to work with anybody who would have me, but if I could choose a dream job I would love to work at Pixar, Cartoon Network, Jim Henson Creature Shop, or Stan Winston Studios.

Who do you think are the top character designers out there?

There are so many! Some of my favorites include Wayne Barlowe, Steven Gordon, Brian Froud and Terryl Whitlatch.

What are some of your favorite character designs which you have seen?

I've always admired the designs for cartoons like Gargoyles, X-Men: Evolution, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Live action movies and television shows like Alien, the Dark Crystal and Farscape have also had a big impact on me. I like designs with a lot of imagination and creativity behind them

What is your most favorite subject to draw? And why?

My favorite subject has always been mythical creatures. Folklore and mythology is packed full of interesting characters just waiting to be designed. My favorite are the really obscure creatures like the Missouri Monster or the Nixie. I enjoy drawing people and animals too, but I find that mythical creatures often combine my favorite parts of drawing both. It's always a fun challenge to read the descriptions of monsters and then try to make an interesting-looking character out of it.

What inspired you to become an Artist?

It was never really a conscious decision. I always knew that I wanted to be an artist. My parents were weavers, my sister and two of my uncles are graphic designers, another uncle is a painter, and my grandparents were portrait artists and children's book illustrators. I grew up with art and it was really the only thing I've ever focused on seriously. I've always drawn and I always want to draw.

What are some of your favorite website links that would be relevant to this Blog?

I have to admit I don't spend as much time on the Internet looking at art sites as I should be. Most of the sites I go to have already been mentioned several times on this site. I do enjoy perusing http://conceptart.org/ every so often, though.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home