THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL SEE UP AND COMING ARTISTS

Google

K. Douglas MacRae

If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted?

- Email:kdmacrae@skyeproductions.com Web Site: www.skyeproductions.com


What type of tools or media do you use?

- I start with a red pencil and ink then I scan the drawing to a my computer and do all the colors and effects in Adobe Photoshop.


Where is the place you would like to work or be an Intern if you had a choice?

- I'm currently running my own small business, Isle of Skye Productions. I'm very happy working from home. Plus, I can leave my pajamas on all day!


Who do you think are the top character designers out there?

- There's so much talent out there right now it's hard to think of just one.


What are some of your favorite character designs which you have seen?

- The CG characters "The Incredibles" really blew me away. I love a lot of the classics though like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Marvin the Martian, etc.


What is your most favorite subject to draw? And why?

- I draw a lot of female characters. I think characters are much more interesting when they have humor and sex appeal.


What inspired you to become an Artist?

- I could draw at a very early age. I think knowing this, I just ran with it. The inspiration came later in life with cartoonists like Bill Watterson (Calvin and Hobbes), Todd McFarlane (Spawn), and Jim Lee (X-Men, WildCats).


What are some of your favorite website links that would be relevant to this Blog?

- http://drawn.ca/
- http://www.jscottcampbell.com/
- http://www.drawingboard.org/index.php




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home