THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL SEE UP AND COMING ARTISTS

Google

Glenn Harmon

If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted?

Email is the most effective for me. I can be reached at: glenn@digitalmindstudios.com

What type of tools or media do you use?

I love using Photoshop, Painter, Adobe Streamline for the line work and, of course, the traditional pencil and paper. I have used some charcoal and I would like to get into it more.

Where is the place you would like to work or be an Intern if you had a choice?

The very best possible scenario would be to work with Pixar. But that is a bit lofty for me right now. I would love to work with any studio developing the look and feel of a movie or video game. I also think it would be a real kick to work with Sesame Street.

Who do you think are the top character designers out there?

I love Tony Fucile's stuff, and Peter De Seve and Steven Silver are heavy hitters. Through this site I've been able to find a lot more that I can look up to. Jason Strong, James Robertson, Ben Balistreri, Harold Siepermann. These guys (and girls!) are amazing! I love the exposure that I (really anyone) can get in one location. It's a great convenience.

What are some of your favorite character designs which you have seen?

I find myself getting sucked into just about any Pixar movie for their characters. It's not only the way the characters look, but how they move that really ropes me in. I love the simpleness, yet complexity of characters like Mike Wasowski (sp?) in Monsters Inc. That whole show is full of wonderful character design that I admire.

What is your most favorite subject to draw? And why?

If I don't have anything to draw, I'll find myself drawing hands. I love em, they're so expressive! I love how they communicate and emote. I also love drawing the human figure.

What inspired you to become an Artist?

When I was young I would get together with my brothers and just draw. I specialized in monsters and superheroes. As time went on I kept it up and loved it. All growing up I was always given a lot of support from family and friends and even teachers. During school, I kept loving to draw and I always had opportunities to develop my craft and in some cases even get paid for it. In all honesty, I wouldn't want to do anything else. I have to be involved in creative anything. I would loathe accounting or something like that. I think I would die.

What are some of your favorite website links that would be relevant to this Blog?

for a huge inventory of artists' websites and portfolios.
www.toonhub.com
www.drawn.ca
www.drawingboard.org
www.10secondclub.com




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home