THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL SEE UP AND COMING ARTISTS

Google

Patrick Costa

If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted?

My e-mail is
patrk_c@yahoo.com
and my website address is
www.patrickcosta.com

What type of tools or media do you use?

I'll take pencil and paper any day. There is a visceral quality about it that is just not possible with the computer. That being said there is a comfortable forgiveness that comes with working in the computer. If I am working with the computer I'll use Photoshop or Flash for both drawing and coloring. If I am working traditionally I have a litany of favorite types of pencils to draw with and then colored pencil and/or marker for coloring.

Where is the place you would like to work or be an Intern if you had a choice?

I'll go wherever the work is. Ideally I just want to work in an environment where people
love what they are doing and I am constantly being pushed and inspired by the artists around me.

Who do you think are the top character designers out there?

I don't know who I would say are the "top" designers out there. I draw inspiration from a ton of different artists both living and dead regardless of the medium.

To name a few:

Vernon Grant
Roy Nelson
Tony Fucile
Ovi Nedelcu
Carlos Meglia
Frank Frazetta
Ragnar
Harald Siepermann
John Nevarez
Claire Wendling
Daan Jippes
Mike Kunkel
Stephen Silver
T.S. Sullivant
Fred Moore

I better stop because I can go all day.


What are some of your favorite character designs which you have seen?

Triplets of Belleville
Sword in the Stone
Anything Genndy Tartakovsky has done
Bruce Timm's "Batman"
Frederic Bach's "The Man Who Planted Trees"


What is your most favorite subject to draw? And why?

I love drawing the figure which in turn lends itself to character designs. The figure is such a challenge to capture in it's own right. Then to be able to also push it to the point where it is a good design that works is a constant challenge. Plus it is also a lot of fun because there are endless varieties of shapes, sizes, and personalities out there to keep you busy.

What inspired you to become an Artist?

A love of drawing led me to animation. There I found that it requires so many different disciplines to bring a film to fruition. These artists are so incredibly well versed and talented that I was and still am fascinated by the prospects and that has put me on the road I am on today.

What are some of your favorite website links that would be relevant to this Blog?

http://www.toonhub.com/ All things animation.

http://reddotbloglinks.blogspot.com/ A nice compilation of art blogs.

http://www.cartoonretro.com/ Old School and what a school it was.


BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE CHARACTER DESIGN BLOGSPOT
CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO THE CHARACTER DESIGN HOMEPAGE








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home