THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL SEE UP AND COMING ARTISTS

Google

Kevin Wasden

If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted? (Email, Webpage)


Email: kevin@kevinwasden

Website: www.kevinwasden.com

What type of tools or media do you use?

I start everything with a pencil sketch but vary in the final mediums, depending on my deadline and desired result. Traditionally I use oils, acrylics, and watercolor. Digitally I prefer using my 9x12 Wacom tablet with Adobe Photoshop and Corel Painter.

Where is the place you would like to work or be an Intern if you had a choice?

I prefer to work freelance, in my personal studio. Of course, all things are open to negotiation.

Who do you think are the top character designers out there?

Honestly, there are too many great artists to mention here, but I suppose that answer won't suffice. I'm a big fan of Ian McCaig's work for Star Wars. I also like Todd Harris, Kevin Keele, and Justin Sweet.

What are some of your favorite character designs which you have seen?

Pretty much anything Ian McCaig did for Star Wars,

What is your most favorite subject to draw? And why?

I enjoy drawing life: people, animals, creatures of all sorts. Faces and hands express so much emotion and character. I don't find as much satisfaction designing cars, buildings, etc. Those things can make a movie, a video game, or a story look really cool, but it's the characters that breathe life (and success) into a project.

What inspired you to become an Artist?

Basically art stalked me until I gave in to it. I tried for a long time to find a respectable career, but I just couldn't stop drawing. I'm fascinated with the whole concept of creativity. I love the process of coming up with an idea and figureing out the best way to communicate that concept to others. So I guess you can say I'm an artist by default. There's nothing else I would rather do.

What are some of your favorite website links that would be relevant to this Blog?

www.splintered-mind.com






CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO THE CHARACTER DESIGN HOMEPAGE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home