THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL SEE UP AND COMING ARTISTS

Google

Enrique Corts

If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted? (Email, Webpage)

My email address is kikekun@gmail.com , and my website www.artofenrique.com

What type of tools or media do you use?

I mainly use the good old paper and pencil for sketching, and then when I'm happy with what I see, I scan it in and start inking with my Wacom tablet and Photoshop. It's a very organic process where I make all kinds of changes until the image is finished.

Where is the place you would like to work or be an Intern if you had a choice?

I would love to work on some of the companies that are doing my favourite videogames out there, like Valve, Bungie, Retro Studios...I also wouldn't mind to try and be involved on animation development, maybe in places like Pixar or Dreamworks.

Who do you think are the top character designers out there?

Sadly, there are not a lot of great Character Designers working on games right now, except of course the very well known ones like Yoji Shinkawa, Yoshitaka Amano, Hyung-tae Kim or Tetsuya Nomura. For some reason, the western Designers are not that well known as the Japanese ones.
In the animation field, I love the work of Lesean Thomas, Enrique Fernandez, Sean Galloway, Jeff Matsuda, Eric Canete, Yoshiduki Sadamoto...

What are some of your favorite character designs which you have seen?

I love what Lesean thomas is doing with his Cannonbusters graphic novel...fresh! Also, all the stuff that Gainax and Mr. Sadamoto do is absolutely incredible...I love all the Furi Kuri and Gurren Lagann designs.

What is your most favorite subject to draw? And why?

I think my strongest point is to draw action scenes, where I can play much more with the camera angles, character body language, visual elements...I always try to draw the most dinamic and intense scene I can.

What inspired you to become an Artist?

Probably all those old comics I was reading at my uncle's house! All very mixed stuff...from Fantastic Four to Westerns or war tales. Also my mother, being a very acomplished Artist herself helped me out and inspired me a lot.

What are some of your favorite website links that would be relevant to this Blog?

http://jeffmatsuda.com/
http://www.leseanthomas.com/
http://studiosis.com/jam/
http://enriquefernandez0.blogspot.com/








CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO THE CHARACTER DESIGN HOMEPAGE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home