THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL SEE UP AND COMING ARTISTS

Google

John Lee

If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted?

People can contact me by phone, (347)256-3928 and by e-mail, hyperprisma123@yahoo.com. My work can be seen at www.theispot.com/artist/jlee, www.lebook.com/johnlee, and www.portfolios.com/jl. My portfolio is also featured on http://www.art4love.com/

What type of tools or media do you use?

I normally use a regular HB pencil and technical pens (Micron) to pencil and ink my work. There are occasions I use markers to color my work, but I usually use Photoshop and Painter on the computer for coloring.

Where is the place you would like to work or be an Intern if you had a choice?

I don't really have a dream place where I want to work but I have dream jobs. My dream job would be working at a agency where we utilize urban graffiti pictures to fit a client's needs, I think there's a good demand for those types of graphics nowadays. For loftier goals, I would love to be a character designer for a cartoon show based on an existing franchise looking for fresh restart or maybe at a video game company.

Who do you think are the top character designers out there?

I am just going to name some cartoon creators although I am not at all sure how much they were involved in every phase of design. I like Hayao Miyazaki in that there's a bit of uniqueness in his anime that is rarely seen in other Japanese cartoons and I love all the designs in all the Hanna-Barbera cartoons (pre-1975), so I am just ignorantly going to give the credit to Joe Barbera and William Hanna and Alex Toth (I believe he was the designer on Jonny Quest and Superfriends).

What are some of your favorite character designs which you have seen?

As I mentioned I love the designs of all the Hanna-Barbera designs. A lot of people dismiss them but I think they are real classic, not just the famous ones like Tom and Jerry, Yogi, and Scooby. But the characters like Birdman, Josie and the Pussycats, and the Jetsons are just gems in my eyes. I know I stray more towards the anime spectrum in my works but I enjoy the cartoon designs because they are very simple and clean yet get the point across.

What is your most favorite subject to draw? And why?

I love drawing people, mostly heads because that is the most expressive feature of the body in my eyes. Also since childhood, I have always loved drawing big robots.


What inspired you to become an Artist?

I have always drawn since I was a little kid, and it just kind of stuck. I am not sure what drew me to it (bad pun) but I probably liked the creativeness that I could draw whatever I want. I was also always fascinated by cartoons when I was a kid and it never left which would also be a factor. Nowadays, the only thing that interests me about a cartoon or a comic is if it's well drawn or not I really could care less about the story.


What are some of your favorite website links that would be relevant to this Blog?

I am not gonna be much help here because I usually don't look at a lot of art on the web.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home