THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL SEE UP AND COMING ARTISTS

Google

Kris Anka

If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted?

email: clawedchickeneye@yahoo.com
website: http://www.satellitesoda.com/

What type of tools or media do you use?

Basic Col-erase blue pencils, mechanical pencils,various pens, Photoshop, and Corel Painter

Where is the place you would like to work or be an Intern if you had a choice?

I would love to work at either Insomniac Games orNaughty Dog. They're games have captured me since thefirst day I ever picked them up. Spyro was the firstcharacter that I really fell in love with, and Jak wasthe first reason why I ever wanted to be a characterdesigner.


Who do you think are the top character designers out there?

Charles Zembillas, who has been a long time friendand teacher of mine, and has passed on some greattechniques and the fruits of his experience; EnriqueFernandez, with a style that is entirely unique andunforgetable; Jeff Matsuda; Jose Lopez; Mike Mignola; Shane Glines; and Bruce Timm


What are some of your favorite character designs which you have seen?

My favorite ones are usually the ones that are insketches or the ones that don't get used. There areplenty of sketches by Charles Zembillas or EnriqueFernandez that I would rank as my favorite. But out ofthe Famous ones, I would have to say Spyro, Hellboy,and Bruce Timm's Conan


What is your most favorite subject to draw? And why?

I get a real kick out of drawing faces and hands.After such influences as Chuck Jones and BillWaterson, I can never get enough of drawingexpressions. I also really enjoy doing various"fantasy" type characters, ranging from demons, tomutants, to robots, or aliens. But im really trying topush away from that and try different things.

What inspired you to become an Artist?

Like I stated before, Jak and Daxter was the firstreal reason, influence, to me wanting to be acharacter designer. The game had such an immersivequality, and a personality, that every element of itwas like a drink from the fountain of life. Thisreally kicked it off for me.
I had been drawing for quite some time before that.It's really the only thing that I can remember everdoing as a kid, doodling what most boys were into askids, dinosaurs. As i grew up, various influences cameto my attention, and with some luck, I sort of pavedwhere I would direct myself as an artist.

What are some of your favorite website links that would be relevant to this Blog?

http://www.theanimationacademy.com











CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO THE CHARACTER DESIGN HOMEPAGE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home